In this role, you will be responsible for configuring the necessary servers, setting up and managing deployments, performing system monitoring, managing a small team to orchestrate the aforementioned duties.
• Promptly attends to server-related issues, especially immediately before and after a major deployment to a production environment.
• Repairs and recovers from hardware or software failures. Coordinates and communicates with impacted constituencies.
• Performs periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures for hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with operational standards and requirements.
• Mitigates hacking attempts by proactively blocking IPs and maintaining a list of blocked IPs that is distributed across systems.
• Monitors all servers and responds in a timely manner to any disturbances on any production server, including off-hours and holidays.
• Architects, manages, and maintains deployment formulas and ensures all developers can deploy easily.
Required Skills / Knowledge
• expert Unix skills
• thorough understanding of DNS coupled with experience managing DNS on various Domain Name providers
• deep knowledge and experience with AWS
• functional understanding of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
• experience using Jenkins to manage deployments and CI